Christmas Tree Collection Program
Curbside Christmas Tree Collection
2017 Residential Christmas Tree Collection Program
The Solid Waste Department will collect Christmas trees curbside from residential properties eligible to receive curbside collection. This year, Christmas tree collection is scheduled for the Week of January 8, 2017 and the Week of January 15, 2017. Residents are asked to place their Christmas tree curbside on their regular collection day on their area's designated week.
Please view the 2017 Christmas Tree Collection Schedule highlighted below. If you are unsure of your area's Christmas tree collection week, please phone the Waste Management Hotline at (902) 567-1337.
WHEN WILL CHRISTMAS TREE COLLECTION TAKE PLACE IN MY AREA?
WEEK OF JANUARY 8, 2017
(Tuesday, January 10, 2017 to Saturday, January 14, 2017)
WEEK OF JANUARY 15, 2017
(Tuesday, January 17, 2017 to Saturday, January 21, 2017)
|Residents who live in all areas located OUTSIDE of Sydney, Glace Bay, Dominion and Whitney Pier will place their Christmas tree curbside on their area's regular curbside collection day during the WEEK OF JANUARY 8, 2017.
||Residents who live in the communities of SYDNEY, GLACE BAY, DOMINION, and WHITNEY PIER will place their Christmas tree curbside on their area's regular curbside collection day during the WEEK OF JANUARY 15, 2017.
Christmas Tree Collection
1. Christmas trees must be placed curbside before 7:00am on your area's regular collection day during the WEEK Christmas tree collection has been scheduled for your area.
2. Remove the tree stand and ALL tree decorations, lights, nails, wire and tinsel from the Christmas tree before placing the tree curbside.
3. Remove plastic or other material used to remove the tree from your home.
4. Place your Christmas tree at the end of your driveway in a location that is visible and accessible to the collector. A tree placed on top of a snow bank, located in a roadside ditch, buried in snow or frozen to the ground will not be removed by collector.
5. Do not cover your Christmas tree with a blanket, sheet or tarp.
6. Artificial Christmas trees are not collected curbside. Artificial trees can be disposed of at CBRM's Waste Waste Management Facility on Spar Road in Sydney from 8:00am to 4:00pm Tuesday to Saturday.
7. Christmas trees are also accepted for disposal at CBRM's Waste Management Facility from 8:00am to 4:00pm Tuesday to Saturday.
8. Residents are encouraged to contact the hotline at (902) 567-1337 with questions involving the 2017 Christmas tree Collection Program.
Commercial businesses are reminded the Solid Waste Department does not collect their Christmas trees curbside. Commercial businesses can take their Christmas trees to the Waste Management Facility located on SPAR Road from 8:00am to 4:00pm Tuesday to Saturday.
For more information on Waste Management in CBRM, phone the hotline at (902) 567-1337. Educators are available to respond to inquiries from 8:30am to 4:00pm Monday to Friday or visit CBRM’s website at www.cbrm.ns.ca/solidwaste .