Christmas Tree Collection Program
Curbside Christmas Tree Collection
Residential Christmas Tree Collection Program
The Solid Waste Department will collect Christmas trees curbside from residential properties eligible to receive curbside collection. Residents are asked to view the 2018 Christmas Tree Collection Schedule below. If you are unsure of your area's COLLECTION WEEK for Christmas trees, please phone the Waste Management Hotline at (902) 567-1337.
2018 Residential Christmas Tree Collection Schedule
Tuesday, January 9, 2018 to Saturday, January 13, 2018
Tuesday, January 16, 2018 to Saturday, January 20, 2018
|Residents who live in all areas located OUTSIDE of Sydney, Glace Bay, Dominion and Whitney Pier will place their Christmas tree curbside before 7:00am on their regular collection day within this week.
||Residents who live in the communities of SYDNEY, GLACE BAY, DOMINION, and WHITNEY PIER will place their Christmas tree curbside before 7:00am on their area's collection day within this week.
Christmas Tree Collection
1. Christmas trees must be placed curbside before 7:00am on your area's regular collection day during your area's scheduled Christmas tree collection week.
2. Remove the tree stand and ALL tree decorations, lights, nails, wire and plastic from the Christmas tree before placing the tree curbside.
3. Trees must be uncovered during area's scheduled collection day. Remove any plastic that was used to remove the tree from your home. Do not cover the tree with a blanket or tarp. Make sure the tree has not become buried in the snow or frozen to the ground.
4. Residents must place their Christmas tree at the end of their driveway in a location that is visible. Make sure the tree is accessible and can be safely removed by the collector. A tree placed on top of a snow bank, located in a ditch, buried in snow or frozen to the ground will not be removed by collector.
5. Artificial Christmas trees are not collected curbside. Artificial trees can be taken to the Waste Waste Management Facility on Spar Road in Sydney from 8:00am to 4:00pm Tuesday to Saturday.
6. Christmas trees are also accepted for drop off at the Waste Management Facility.
Residents are encouraged to phone the Waste Management hotline at (902) 567-1337 with questions.
Commercial businesses are reminded the Solid Waste Department does not collect their Christmas trees curbside. Commercial businesses can take their Christmas trees to the Waste Management Facility located on SPAR Road from 8:00am to 4:00pm Tuesday to Saturday.
For more information on Waste Management in CBRM, phone the hotline at (902) 567-1337. Educators are available to respond to inquiries from 8:30am to 4:00pm Monday to Friday or visit CBRM’s website at www.cbrm.ns.ca/solidwaste .