Christmas Tree Collection Program
Curbside Christmas Tree Collection
2019 Residential Christmas Tree Collection Program
The Solid Waste Department will collect undecorated Christmas trees curbside from residential properties eligible to receive curbside collection.
2019 Residential Christmas Tree Collection Schedule
Tuesday, January 8, 2019 to Saturday, January 12, 2019
Tuesday, January 15, 2019 to Saturday, January 19, 2019
|Residents who live in all areas located OUTSIDE of Sydney, Glace Bay, Dominion and Whitney Pier will place their Christmas tree curbside before 7:00am on their regular collection day during the week of January 8, 2019.
||Residents who live in the communities of SYDNEY, GLACE BAY, DOMINION, and WHITNEY PIER will place their Christmas tree curbside before 7:00am on their regular collection day during the week of January 15, 2019.
If you are unsure of your area's COLLECTION WEEK for Christmas Trees, please phone the Waste Management Hotline (902) 567-1337.
Residential Christmas Tree Collection: Curbside Reminders
1. During your area's scheduled Christmas Tree Collection Week, place your undecorated tree curbside before 7:00am on your regular collection day.
2. Remove the tree stand and ALL tree decorations, lights, nails, wire and plastic from the Christmas tree before placing the tree curbside.
3. Trees must remain uncovered and be visible for curbside collection. Remove any plastic used to remove the tree from your home. Do not cover the tree with a blanket or tarp. Make sure the tree has not become buried in the snow or frozen to the ground.
4. Place your undecorated Christmas tree at the end of your driveway in a location that is visible. Make sure the tree is accessible and can be safely removed by the collector. A Christmas tree placed on top of a snow bank, located in a ditch, buried in snow or frozen to the ground will not be removed by collector.
5. Artificial Christmas trees are not collected curbside. Artificial Christmas trees can be taken to the Waste Waste Management Facility on Spar Road in Sydney from 8:00am to 4:00pm Tuesday to Saturday.
6. Christmas trees are also accepted for drop off at the Waste Management Facility.
Questions about Christmas Tree Collection?
Residents are encouraged to phone the Waste Management Hotline at (902) 567-1337 with questions. Educators are available to respond to questions 8:30am to 4:00pm Monday to Friday.
Commercial Businesses: Christmas Tree Disposal Reminder
Curbside Christmas tree collection is not provided to commercial businesses. If your business has a Christmas tree to dispose of, you can take it to the Waste Management Facility on SPAR Road in Sydney from 8:00am to 4:00pm Tuesday to Saturday.
For more information on Waste Management in CBRM, phone the hotline at (902) 567-1337. Educators are available to respond to inquiries from 8:30am to 4:00pm Monday to Friday or visit CBRM’s website at www.cbrm.ns.ca/solidwaste .