Self-advocacy is the ability to speak up about issues that are important to you. Self-advocacy is the power to ask for what you need and want and the ability to tell people about your thoughts and feelings in order to improve your quality of life.
This highly practical and interactive workshop will help you to communicate your own needs and make informed decisions about the supports necessary to meet those needs. You will leave confidently with new strategies and tips to help you listen to understand and speak to be heard.
Upon completion of this workshop, you will:
1. understand the meaning of advocacy
2. describe three behaviour types that impact self-advocacy
3. identify assertive, passive and aggressive behaviour in case scenarios
4.state examples of your own assertive, passive and aggressive behaviours
5. apply techniques to enhance communication and assertiveness
6. identify personal goals for applying self-advocacy skills
Self-Advocacy workshop will be held 17 October 2018 from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm at Sobeys Prince Street, Sydney in the Community Room.