Basic Qualifications to Vote:
You qualify to vote if:
- You are 18 years of age or older and a Canadian citizen on the first advance polling day (October 7, 2020);
- You have been ordinarily resident in Nova Scotia for 6 months before the first advance polling day (since April 7, 2020); and
- you are ordinarily resident in the municipality, or in an area annexed thereto, and have been so since immediately before the first advance polling day.
- You are not otherwise disqualified to vote in the Municipal and CSAP Elections.
Conseil scolaire acadien provincial (CSAP):
You qualify to vote IF:
- You meet the basic qualifications described above, AND
- You are an “Entitled Parent” or “Entitled Person” whose first language learned and still understood is French; or
- You received your primary school instruction in Canada in a French-first-language program; or
- Any of your children have received or are receiving primary or secondary school instruction in Canada in a French-first-language program. A French Immersion program is NOT a French-first-language program.
Where to Vote?
CBRM Council has approved the use of electronic voting (i.e. by telephone and internet) as the only means of voting during the 2020 Municipal and CSAP Elections. Voting will begin at 8:00 am on Wednesday, October 7th and run 24 hours a day until the close of the polls on Election Day - Saturday, October 17th at 7:00 pm. There will be no paper ballots during the voting period.
List of Electors:
Amendments or Corrections to the List of Electors:
As per Section 38(3) of the Municipal Elections Act (MEA) the Returning Officer may make additions or corrections to the List after August 1st, 2020 upon application by telephone, fax, e-mail or in person until three days before the first advance polling day (per Section 50A(1) of the MEA). In addition to the electronic voter lookup tool above, electors may find out if they are on the list of electors by visiting or contacting the Municipal Returning Office between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. at:
Room 405, 4th Floor
City Hall, 320 Esplanade
You will be asked for your name, your address and your date of birth.