- City Hall
The annual Mobius Awards of Environmental Excellence recognize the achievements of innovative Nova Scotians who have helped make our province a leader in waste reduction.
Divert Nova Scotia is now accepting nominations for the 2016 Mobius Awards of Environmental Excellence! To nominate yourself or learn more about the 2016 Mobius Awards, visit www.divertmobiusawards.ca.
The Mobius Awards of Environmental Excellence are coordinated and administered by Divert Nova Scotia. The nomination period started on September 6, 2016 and will close on October 3, 2016. Nominees can enter in more than one category. The award recipients will be announced in November 2016.
To nominate yourself or another individual or organization, you must visit the Mobius Awards site at www.divertmobiusawards.ca and complete a nomination form before the closing date on October 3, 2016.
The awards are open to individuals who reside in Nova Scotia and organizations that have conducted business in Nova Scotia within the last year. Nominees must consent to the nomination and must not be the recipient of a Mobius Award for the same waste diversion activities in the last three years. Nominations must be based on current activities or initiatives (for example, activities that are ongoing as of the date of submission or initiatives/programs that occurred during the last year).
Current and former employees of Divert Nova Scotia and their immediate family members and those domiciled with them are not eligible for a Mobius Award.
There are eight award categories, focused on exceptional recycling and waste diversion activities and results. Waste diversion refers to Recycling, Reducing, Reusing or Composting materials instead of sending them to landfill for disposal.
• Small Business of the Year: private sector businesses and organizations that go above and beyond to implement recycling waste diversion practices on a daily basis.
• Large Business of the Year: private sector businesses and organizations that go above and beyond to implement recycling and waste diversion practices on a daily basis.
• Community Project of the Year: not-for-profit organizations and community groups that have developed and implemented an effective project or event that engages their community in recycling and waste diversion activities.
• Institution of the Year: public or private sector institutions (such as hospitals, universities, colleges, long-term care/nursing home facilities) that go above and beyond to implement recycling and waste diversion practices on a daily basis.
• Innovator of the Year: individual or organization that has developed and/or implemented a product or service from material that otherwise would go to landfill, or has developed a more efficient approach for an exisiting recycling or waste diversion process.
• Emerging Environmental Leader: young environmental champion (age 30 or under) who goes above and beyond to encourage recycling and waste diversion among their peers, at school or work, in their community or with other Nova Scotians.
• Hall of Fame: individual with a demonstrated record of ongoing commitment to our environment and leadership in recycling and diverting waste from landfill.
Awards will be presented in a category only if a nomination merits an award. All decisions of the judges are final.
Award winners will be recognized on Divert Nova Scotia's website and social media accounts, may be promoted via local media, and will be invited to attend the 2016 Mobius Awards Event in Halifax, Nova Scotia to recieve their award.
• By participating in the Mobius Awards, each nominee accepts and agrees to these official rules and all decisions of the judging committee.
• All nominations become the property of Divert Nova Scotia and will not be returned.
• Incomplete nominations and nominations with falsified information will be disqualified. The decision to disqualify any nomination is at the sole discretion of Divert Nova Scotia and will occur without notice or communication to the nominee. The disqualification decision is final and not subject to review.
• By participating in the Mobius Awards, recipients authorize Divert Nova Scotia to broadcast, publish and otherwise use their name, city/town of residence, comments and photograph for publicity purposes, without any form of remuneration.
Divert Nova Scotia reserves the right to modify or cancel the Mobius Awards at any time without notice to the nominees.