Safety Tips for Heavy Garbage Collection
safety tips for heavy garbage
Cape Breton Regional Fire & Emergency Service
Fire Prevention Division
The heavy garbage safety tips located below have been developed by the Fire Prevention Division of the Cape Breton Regional Fire and Emergency Service.
Curbside Heavy Garbage Safety Tips:
- Place heavy garbage curbside or roadside, as close as possible, to the Monday, April 29, 2019 collection date.
- Do not place heavy garbage against your home or outbuildings. Ensure there is a safe distance between your heavy garbage pile and your home and outbuildings.
- Ensure there is a safe distance between your heavy garbage pile and your neighbor’s property.
- Do not place hazardous materials, propane tanks, paint, or flammable liquids in your heavy garbage pile. There are safe, alternative disposal options for these products. For disposal option please contact the Hotline at (902) 567-1337.
- Do not attempt to hide hazardous materials, flammable liquids or dangerous goods in your heavy garbage as this could pose a risk to your property, your neighbor’s, pedestrians, collectors and possible Emergency Responders.
- If you observe a fire in any heavy garbage piles, call 911 immediately.