Safety Tips for Heavy garbage
safety tips for heavy garbage
“Cape Breton Regional Fire & Emergency Service”
Fire Prevention Division
The heavy garbage safety tips located below have been developed by the Fire Prevention Division of the Cape Breton Regional Fire and Emergency Service.
Curbside Heavy Garbage Safety Tips:
- Place heavy garbage curbside or roadside, as close as possible, to the Monday, May 1, 2017 collection date.
- Do not place heavy garbage against your home or outbuildings. Ensure there is a safe distance between your heavy garbage pile and your home and outbuildings.
- Ensure there is a safe distance between your heavy garbage pile and any of your neighbour’s property.
- Do not place hazardous materials, propane tanks, paint, or flammable liquids in your heavy garbage. There are safe, alternative disposal options for these products.
- Do not attempt to hide hazardous materials, flammable liquids or dangerous goods in your heavy garbage as this could pose a risk to your property, your neighbour’s, pedestrians, collectors and possible Emergency Responders.
- If you observe fire in heavy garbage, call 911 immediately.