Citizen Representation on Committees - Call for Expressions of Interest
November 30, 2021
The Council of the Cape Breton Regional Municipality requires the services of citizens who would be willing to serve as volunteer members on the following Committees:
- CBRM Diversity Committee (one representative from the disability community for the balance of a two-year term to February 2023)
- CBRM Audit Committee (one representative for a two-year term)
- Cape Breton Regional Library Board (one position for the balance of a two-year term to February 2023)
- Port of Sydney Development Corporation (one individual with a professional accounting designation for a three-year term; and one individual with expertise in business and commerce for a three-year term commencing April 1, 2022)
The Terms of Reference for these Committees and Boards can be found on the CBRM website: https://cbrm.ns.ca/clerks-department.html
Residents of the Cape Breton Regional Municipality who are interested in serving on these Committees should forward a letter of application, together with their Resume, to the CBRM Clerk’s Office.
Applicants should clearly indicate which Committee or Board they are applying for and outline all qualifications and experience/volunteer work in the related field.
Applicants for the Diversity Committee and Port of Sydney Development Corporation are asked to indicate the name of the sector they wish to represent.
Deadline for submissions is 4:30 p.m. on Friday, December 10, 2021 and should be directed to:
Deborah Campbell Ryan, Municipal Clerk
Cape Breton Regional Municipality
City Hall - 320 Esplanade, Suite 405
Sydney, NS B1P 7B9
By Fax: 902-564-0481
* Please Note: The applications will be considered at Nominating Committee/Council meetings that are open to the public.