Google Transit Step-by-Step
There are several ways to plan a trip using Google Transit.
1. Get directions from one place to another.
- Go to Google Maps and enter your location (i.e. Sydney, NS or Glace Bay, NS).
- Click "Directions".
- Enter your starting address or bus stop location.
- Enter your destination address or bus stop location.
- By default, it will show you the route by car. To switch to transit routes, click the transit icon at the top. You could also choose walking or cycling route options.
- If necessary, adjust your travel date and time. You can choose to "leave now"or you can pick a different departure date and time.
Notes: If Google needs you to clarify your origin or destination, simply select from the "Did you mean" list provided. If a suitable suggestion is not available try entering the civic address origin/destination. If the map does not suggest a route that works for you, check the transit schedule on this site (www.cbrm.ns.ca/transit ) to see if there is a better departure time or day for your trip.
2. Plan a trip from a particular stop (THIS FEATURE IS COMING SOON!)
- Go to Google Maps
- Ensure the "Transit" option is selected.
- Zoom in to the area where the stop is located.
- Click a stop icon for information on routes that service that stop.
From here you can:
- View upcoming schedule times by clicking on a particular route number.
- Get directions from this stop by clicking the "Get directions" link in the lower left hand corner.
CBRM works with Google to provide the most accurate and up to date information possible for the Google Transit Trip Planner. CBRM does not guarantee that the information represented by Google Maps is 100% accurate or up to date and is not responsible for points of interest available within Google Maps. If you cannot find the point of interest you're looking for we recommend you try entering the civic address. If you find a problem or error, contact CB Transit at 902-539-8124.