The populations referenced in this description is based on the 2011 census.
Map of District 6
This District has a population of 9,395 and an area of 6 square kilometers. It is comprised of parts of the Sydney neighbourhoods of Ashby, the South End and the downtown neighbourhood and a part of the community of Grand Lake Road.
It is bounded by:
- Highway 125 to the east to its intersection with Grand Lake Road (i.e. the Road not the community);
- then along the center line of Grand Lake Road to Welton Street;
- then along the center line of Prince Street to the Wash Brook (a.k.a. Muggah Creek);
- then along the Wash Brook to Brookland Street;
- then along the center line of Brookland Street to its intersection with the railroad;
- then along the railroad to its intersection with George Street;
- then along the center line of George Street to the boundary shared with the community of Mira Road;
- then along the boundary shared with the community of Mira Road up to and including the boundary shared with the property at 662 Cottage Road;
- then along the southern boundary of this property to Cottage Road;
- then across Cottage Road to its intersection with the southwest corner of 682 Cottage Road;
- then along the northwest boundary of 682 Cottage Road to its rear property boundary;
- then in a north easterly direction to a brook within the Bailie Ard land assembly; and then following upstream along that brook to Highway