Curbside Christmas Tree Collection
2022 Residential Christmas Tree Collection Program
The Solid Waste Department continues to collect undecorated Christmas trees curbside across CBRM from residential properties eligible to receive curbside collection. Please make sure trees remain bare, uncovered and clearly visible at the curb.
Residential Christmas Tree Collection: Curbside Reminders
1. All areas of CBRM must have undecorated Christmas Trees out for curbside collection no later than 6am on Monday, January 10.
2. Residents are encouraged to wait until the weekend of January 7-9 to place their Christmas tree curbside for this collection.
3. Remove the tree stand and all tree decorations, lights, nails, wire, and plastic from the Christmas tree before placing it out to the curb for collection.
4. A Christmas tree must remain bare and uncovered. Remove any plastic or covering used to remove the tree from your home. Do not cover tree with a blanket or a tarp.
5. Place the bare Christmas tree in a visible location at the curb. The tree must be accessible and placed in a safe location for the collector to remove. A tree placed on top of a snow bank, located in a ditch, or drain, buried in snow or frozen to the ground will not be removed by the collector.
6. An artificial Christmas tree will not be collected curbside. Artificial trees can be dropped-off for disposal at the Waste Management Facility on SPAR Road in Sydney. The site is open 8:00am to 4:00pm Tuesday to Saturday.
7. Christmas trees are also accepted for drop-off at the Waste Management Facility on Spar Road in Sydney.
Questions about Christmas Tree Collection?
Residents are encouraged to contact the Waste Management Hotline at (902) 567-1337 with questions. Educators are available to respond to questions 8:30am to 4pm Monday to Friday.
Commercial Businesses: Christmas Tree Disposal Reminder
Curbside Christmas tree collection is not provided to commercial businesses. All commercial businesses can drop-off their trees to the Waste Management Facility.