Litter Prevention Tips
- Hold on to your trash until you are able to properly dispose of it in a garbage can, blue bag or green cart.
- Pick up any litter or debris that you come across when you are outside enjoying our beautiful community.
- Properly tie down, secure or tarp all materials that you are transporting in the back of a truck or trailer.
- Make sure there is no loose litter or debris thrown in the back of your truck or trailer before traveling on community roadways.
- Keep a litter bag inside your vehicle to contain any loose trash you have.
- Remove curbside materials from the curb if materials have not been collected. Phone the Waste Management Hotline at (902) 567-1337 to notify the department your materials were not collected.